Carnival Captured Art Competition
Celebrate the Notting Hill Carnival and its first five decades with a piece of art.
Enter your own work in any medium for a prize winning anniversary exhibition.
Carnival Captured is set to be a stunning competition exhibition to mark five decades of the Notting Hill Carnival. Entering is free!
All we need from you is to capture and express the essence, diversity and legacy of Europe’s largest street festival in any way you like…
All visual arts mediums, levels of artist and new or earlier works welcome. Selected works will be exhibited at TheTabernacle, Notting Hill.
Entry deadline 30 October 2016
Categories Under 11’s / 11–17 / 18+
Prizes per category £100 / £200 / £300
What is the deadline for submitting my artwork?
The entry deadline is 30 October 2016
Should the subject of my work follow any guidelines?
Good question! Yes:
1. The work should reflect and celebrate Notting Hill Carnival.
2. Peripheral events such as Panorama and The London Calypso Tent may also be included.
How do I submit my work and what information should I include?
1. All entries must initially be a digital copy of your work, i.e.: an original file or photograph of it.
2. If the original is non-digital, let us know what the dimensions are.
3. We want to know what inspired you (max 150 words).
4. Optionally, tell us about yourself or your group (max 150 words).
5. Include your name, email and a contact phone number.
6 Submit your design via email to email@example.com
What category should I enter into?
There are three categories:
1. Under 11 yrs
Are there any specifics?
Size – the height / width of your intended display should be a minimum of A4 and a maximum of 1.5m.
Photography – please state if a higher resolution file is available.
Films / Animation – no longer than 1 minute
OK, so, my non-digital work has been selected in the first round, what happens next?
These are the things you need to consider.
1. You will be requested to bring it to us for consideration, at The Tabernacle, 34-35 Powis Sq. London W11 2AY
2. You will also need to collect it after this time.
Your artwork has been selected as a winner, what happens next?
Congratulations! These are the things you need to consider.
1. Your work must be available for the Exhibition opening date (tbc).
2. If photographic prints aren’t available, The Tabernacle will print these works on an A3 digital printer.
Queries and digital entries